New Jersey State Reform School for Boys (Jamesburg)

Permanent URI for this collection

Situated on a 490 acre farm in Jamesburg, Middlesex county, the school was authorized by an act of the Legislature on April 6th, 1865. It served boys between the ages of eight and sixteen and received its first students on July 6th, 1867. In 1900 the Legislative Committee on The Reform School recommended that the name be changed to "The State Home for Boys" which it did in 1901. In 1970 the school became the "Training School for Boys".


Collections in this Collection

Now showing 1 - 2 of 2